Lodhi Road murder case cracked, two arrested (Lead)May 14th, 2008 - 12:18 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) Delhi Police Tuesday arrested two men, who allgedly murdered an 18-year-old boy at his Lodhi Road home Saturday. “We have arrested Harish Rawat and Surinder Singh Rawat from Uttrakhand for murdering Sanchit Sachdeva. Robbery was one of the motives behind the killing,” said a senior police official.
The police also recovered a new car from them.
Sanchit, who appeared for his Class 12 board exams from the Delhi Police Public School recently, was found murdered at his home around 5.30 p.m. Saturday when his mother Preeti returned from her office.
She works in the information and broadcasting ministry and her husband R.K. Sachdeva is an official with the state-run Indian Oil.
Sanchit was alone at home when the crime took place.
According to the police, the two accused attacked the victim with an iron rod and a knife, overpowered and strangulated him. Thereafter, they ransacked the home and collected valuables, including cash and jewellery.
Harish is a school dropout while Surendra was once a lower-level employee of the Indian Navy.
- Body at nursery: 'Killer' arrested in Delhi - Apr 19, 2012
- Police claim Lodhi Road murder case cracked, two held - May 13, 2008
- Woman rewarded for foiling snatching bid - Nov 15, 2011
- Two held for murder of Rebecca John's mother (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Businessman killed in housebreak - Sep 21, 2011
- Rs.1 crore burglary at Delhi bank cashier's house - Jul 25, 2011
- Man killed in west Delhi - Jul 05, 2012
- Haryana man strangles daughters after tiff with wife - Apr 17, 2012
- Man kills wife and three children, then himself - Sep 06, 2012
- Former maid, paramour arrested for robbing French national's house - Apr 22, 2012
- Meerut realtor killed - Jun 17, 2011
- Teenager murdered in Lodhi Colony home (Lead) - May 10, 2008
- Drug-addict siblings held for burglary - Jul 21, 2011
- Spurned lover abducts, thrashes girl - Nov 19, 2011
- Two held for murder in capital - Dec 31, 2010