Locals told robbers about cash in Gurgaon bank: policeJuly 3rd, 2008 - 6:49 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 3 (IANS) A day after unidentified robbers decamped with Rs.10.4 million from a bank here, the Gurgaon police Thursday said the information about the cash was leaked to the burglars by some “locals”. The preliminary investigation into the case suggested the information that the bank had Rs.20 million in cash in its vault was probably leaked by local lads to the robbers, said assistant commissioner of police (ACP) Sumit Kumar, who is probing the case.
Giving no more details about the findings so far, Kumar said the police had zeroed in on the suspects.
“The dialect the robbers used during their 15-minute stay in the bank Wednesday suggested they were local lads. The call details received from a mobile service provider company suggested their location in western Uttar Pradesh,” the ACP said.
Several teams have been dispatched to various locations for conducting raids, according to the police.
The police Wednesday evening released sketches of two of the four robbers after collecting details from the bank employees.
Meanwhile, the police have asked banks in Gurgaon to install CCTV cameras in their premises and ensure functioning of the alarm systems besides doubling the strength of the private security guards.
In a meeting of the banks called in Gurgaon Thursday, deputy commissioner of police (East) Jagdish Nagar issued the necessary security related instructions to the bank authorities.
The Sector 55 branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC), where the robbers struck Wednesday, did not have CCTV cameras installed, nor did the bank officials press the panic buzzer to alarm the police and the public.
The bank authorities have asked the police to intensify patrolling around their banks.
- Thieves decamp with bank's CCTV camera - Sep 19, 2010
- Robbery bid at Indian bank in Trinidad and Tobago - Jun 11, 2012
- Gold worth Rs.1 crore robbed from Andhra Bank - May 12, 2010
- After thefts, Ghaziabad area installs CCTVs - Jan 06, 2012
- Dacoits loot Karachi bank of Rs.9.6 mn - Aug 10, 2011
- Hyderabad: Burglars kill house owner - Oct 25, 2011
- Rs.1.4 million looted from a bank in Chennai - Feb 20, 2012
- In five minutes, Pakistani bank robbed of Rs.4.6 mn - Aug 06, 2011
- Robbers take away ATM - May 14, 2011
- Flat of ex-poll official's son burgled - Jan 15, 2012
- Masked robbers loot over Rs.5 lakh in Kashmir - Aug 17, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.20 lakh from Mumbai bank (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Over Rs.2 mn looted from Karachi bank - Oct 21, 2011
- Woman looted right outside her house - Jan 21, 2011
- ATM machine looted in Agra - Dec 06, 2009