Live shell found in Punjab townNovember 8th, 2008 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
Pathankot (Punjab), Nov 8 (IANS) A live shell was found in a town in Punjab Saturday, the police said. Residents of the area, who first saw the shell near the railway station in Pathankot town, informed the police which cordoned off the area.
The police officials said that the shell was a very old one and could not have detonated.
Gurdaspur district police chief L.N. Angra said that army officials had been informed about the recovery of the shell.
He said that investigations were on to find out how the shell reached there.
Pathankot, in Gurdaspur district and located near Punjab’s border with Jammu and Kashmir, is a big defence base also.
- Officials shifted in Punjab's Gurdaspur after violence - Mar 31, 2012
- Old bombs found in Punjab school - May 20, 2010
- BJP leaders taken to Punjab, released (Third Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- Car with explosives found in Amritsar (Second Lead) - May 09, 2010
- Two militants killed in Punjab encounter - Apr 25, 2010
- Two militants, two cops killed in Punjab border shootout (Lead) - Apr 25, 2010
- Punjab Police gun down two militants in Gurdaspur - Apr 25, 2010
- Two cops, two militants killed in Punjab border shootout - Apr 25, 2010
- Punjab village mourns its son who never returned - Dec 04, 2011
- LeT, Babbar Khalsa planned blasts in Delhi: Police - Oct 13, 2011
- Bengal fishermen, abducted by Bangladeshi pirates, traced - Feb 03, 2012
- Joint operation to search militants ends in Punjab - Apr 28, 2010
- Jammu and Kashmir Police helping Ambala explosives case probe - Oct 15, 2011
- Three BJP leaders arrested in Jammu, sent to Punjab (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Three BJP leaders arrested, Omar Abdullah reviews situation (Second Lead) - Jan 24, 2011