‘Little Zizou’, Khedekar shine at Indo-American film festivalNovember 12th, 2008 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Nov 12 (IANS) The eighth edition of the popular Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council (MIAAC) film festival yielded rich dividends for Indians with Sooni Taraporevala’s “Little Zizou” and actor Sachin Khedekar bagging top awards.While Sachin bagged the best actor award for his impressive performance in the film “Bose: The Forgotten Hero”, Taraporevala won the best screenplay trophy and the best director’s award along with Ashish Avikunthak for his film “Shadows Formless”.
During the five-day festival as many as 32 Indian and diaspora films were screened at various locations in New York. The festival concluded Tuesday.
While the award for best short film went to director duo Raj Nidimoru and D.K. Krishna’s “Noise”, the best actress award was bagged by Mandira Banerjee for her role in the film “Shadows Formless”.
Madhur Jaffrey presented the award along with Dina Kothari, vice president of Prestige Jewellery.
Noted India-born British author Salman Rushdie and Divya Mahindra of the Mahindra group presented the Indira Mahindra award for best film to director Richie Mehta for his film “Amal”.
Nishtha Jain’s “Lakshmi and Me” won the Analog Digital Award for best documentary film.
The five-day film festival kicked off Nov 5 with the screening of Deepa Mehta’s “Heaven on Earth”.
The festival also hosted a number of panels on different aspects of the film industry including ‘Shooting in Bombay’ and going ‘Beyond Bollywood’.
- 10th Annual MIAAC Film Festival Wraps Up With Awards Ceremony For Best Picture, Actors, And ... - Nov 22, 2010
- "The Well (Vihir)" rated "Best Picture" at New York festival - Nov 20, 2010
- New York's Indian Film Festival To Start From November 10 - Sep 18, 2010
- Another feather in Sooni's cap - Nov 16, 2009
- ‘Shorr’ Premieres To A Standing Ovation At MIAAC Festival In New York - Nov 15, 2010
- Over 200 films to feature in Kerala film festival - Dec 08, 2010
- Balaji Motion Pictures & Alt Entertainment's "Shorr" wins Best ... - Nov 16, 2010
- 'Shor' Will Be Screened At MIAAC Film Festival - Oct 14, 2010
- Mumbai film festival promises to be bigger, better - Oct 21, 2010
- MIAAC: 10th Annual Film Festival Gets Extravagant Opening With Screening Of Shor - Nov 12, 2010
- MIAAC Celebrates 10th Anniversary of Film Festival at Preview Party on Oct. 1 - Sep 26, 2010
- 'Life! Camera Action...' nominated for Washington fest - Apr 25, 2011
- Life! Camera Action… - Oct 19, 2010
- 'Little Zizou', 'Firaaq' nominated in multiple categories at AFFF - Dec 04, 2008
- Bollywood shines at the 56th National Awards ceremony - Mar 19, 2010