Lingerie fair draws fair numbers despite economic meltdownFebruary 17th, 2009 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) The lingerie business remains thriving despite the economic crisis, said organisers of the Bodywear International Trade Fair (BITF).
“It was a bit difficult this time to get all manufacturers together. There were lesser participants compared to the last time but we have managed to generate good business,” Sanjay Manocha of Niksan Info Media told IANS.
This three-day trade fair was held here Feb 15-17 at the NSIC grounds, Okhla.
In its ninth year, BITF is organised by Mumbai-based trade exhibition organiser Niksan Info Media and every year, the fair takes place in different cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai and Delhi.
“This trade exhibition is strengthening the intimate apparel market by exhibiting more brands so that the exhibitors can utilize this platform for their business growth,” Manocha said.
This year as many as 30 participants participated in the fair starting from the leading lingerie brands to garment machinery, from fabrics to laces and accessories.
“We offer solutions for everyone. Starting from basic supply chain to catering to different parts of the trade. You can get so many things under one roof,” Manocha said.
This business-to-business event had everything for everyone starting from lingerie to nightwear and beachwear. Leading lingerie brands like Triumph, Lovable, Pierre Cardin and many more had showcased their collections.
- Time to unveil our own Victoria's Secret: Indian designers - Dec 08, 2011
- With 130 designers, 43 shows WIFW back - bigger and better - Mar 22, 2010
- 1,000 artists, 20 countries - India Art Fair cometh - Jan 18, 2012
- Delhi all set to host pet trade fair next month - Jan 19, 2010
- Fifth India Art Fair from Jan 31 - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Bengal could attract Rs.10 bn IT investment in 18 months' - Apr 30, 2012
- WIFW first day shows cancelled over fire safety - Mar 24, 2010
- Lifestyle Pakistan aims at direct India-Pakistan trade - Apr 10, 2012
- Italy shoe fair in India to target mid-size market - Jul 27, 2011
- Sahaja Yoga confers good health, busts stress: Australian study - Jun 12, 2012
- 'Made in Pakistan Expo' in Mumbai - Aug 30, 2012
- He fought darkness to give reading solutions for blind (Feature, With images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Spotlight on M.F. Husain, price consciousness (Art Fair Review) - Jan 30, 2012
- Fashion designers get fidgety as WIFW opening delayed - Mar 24, 2010
- Where Indian art meets global creativity (With Image) - Jan 26, 2012