Lightning kills two in LucknowJuly 5th, 2012 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 5 (IANS) Two people, including a child and a young man, were killed when lightning struck at two places as the first monsoon showers pounded the state capital Thursday, police said.
The first incident took place at Nigoha in Kukuhakheda village when the house of a farmer, Radheylal, was struck by lightning.
Radheylal’s wife, Shanti, sustained serious burn injuries, while his 10-year-old son Basant Lal died on the spot, police said.
The other incident took place in the Sikroli village of Kakori, where a 32-year-old Guddu was struck by lightning while guarding a fruit farm. He died on the spot and is survived by his wife and five children.
- Three killed by lightning in Jharkhand - May 27, 2011
- Lightening kills four in UP - Apr 06, 2012
- Lightning strike kills three in Orissa - Apr 04, 2011
- Woman killed as lightning strikes UP village - Aug 31, 2012
- Lightning kills three in Maharashtra - May 10, 2012
- Lightning kills 14 in Bihar villages - Jul 12, 2012
- Lightning kills three in Bihar - Jun 24, 2011
- Seven killed in Bangladesh lightning strikes - May 27, 2011
- Lightning kills 12 in Bengal, Bihar - May 11, 2012
- Lightning claims eight lives in Jharkhand - Aug 25, 2010
- Villagers beat three thieves to death - May 19, 2012
- Lightning kills 10 in Howrah (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- 1 dead, in sports car crash in Delhi - Feb 19, 2012
- Drunk father stabs son to death - May 24, 2012
- Lightning kills seven in Maharashtra - Jun 27, 2010