Lightning kills eight in Uttar PradeshJuly 29th, 2011 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 29 (IANS) Eight people have been killed by lightning strikes in two districts of Uttar Pradesh, officials said Friday.
Seven people died in Chandauli district and a man in adjoining Sonbhadra district when thunder and lightning accompanying the monsoon rains struck Thursday.
“The seven were labourers, who were working in the fields when the lightning struck. A compensation of Rs.1 lakh from the national disaster fund will be provided to the family of those killed,” Chanduali District Magistrate V.K. Tripathi told IANS over phone.
“Ten others have been injured,” he added.
According to an official in Sonbhadra, some 300 km from Lucknow, lightning killed a labourer in Ghorawal area.
- 13 people die in lightning strikes in Bihar - Jul 28, 2011
- Storm kills three, damages many houses in Tripura - Apr 08, 2012
- Dust storm kills 21 people in Uttar Pradesh - May 23, 2011
- Lightning kills 14 in Bihar villages - Jul 12, 2012
- Lightning kills 17 in Bihar - Aug 25, 2010
- Lightning kills five, rains cool Punjab, Haryana - May 22, 2011
- Woman killed as lightning strikes UP village - Aug 31, 2012
- Lightening kills four in UP - Apr 06, 2012
- Lightning kills 20 in Bihar - Jul 11, 2010
- Lightning kills 10 in Howrah (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- Three killed in Tripura cyclone - May 03, 2012
- Hailstorm damages houses, crops in northeast India - Mar 30, 2010
- Summer rains bring relief to northern India (Roundup) - May 22, 2011
- Squalls, hailstorm kill seven in Tripura - Apr 10, 2012
- One killed, 175 injured as tornado hits Tripura - May 01, 2012