Lightening kills four in UPApril 6th, 2012 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 6 (IANS) Four people were killed in Uttar Pradesh after lightning struck their villages.
The tragedy took place in Chitrakoot and Banda districts when, in between rain and thunder showers, lightening struck the villagers, leaving four dead in villages called Manikpur and Raipura.
Two of them were youths standing under a tree, trying to escape the torrential downpour. Both were charred. They were identified as Pawan and Sachin.
Police said Ram Bhawan and Madho Yadav were killed in Banda under similar conditions.
- Woman killed as lightning strikes UP village - Aug 31, 2012
- Lightning kills 14 in Bihar villages - Jul 12, 2012
- Three killed by lightning in Jharkhand - May 27, 2011
- Summer rains bring relief to northern India (Roundup) - May 22, 2011
- Four pilgrims killed as vehicle overturns in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 09, 2010
- Trauma of watching friends die keeps children from school - Sep 07, 2010
- Lightning kills two in Lucknow - Jul 05, 2012
- Six die in Orissa thunderstorm - May 25, 2010
- Thunderstorms, lightning leave 42 dead in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- Fire caused by lightening destroys Miranda Kerr's grandparents' house - Jan 06, 2011
- 13 dead due to rains in China - Jul 22, 2012
- Thunderstorm leaves trail of destruction in Taj city - May 22, 2011
- Torrential rains in Maharashtra - Sep 03, 2012
- Lightning kills four in Bangladesh - May 31, 2012
- Lightning kills eight in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 29, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,