Lie-detector tests for policemen suspected of looting armsFebruary 18th, 2008 - 8:32 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, Feb 18 (IANS) Six policemen and two secretarial staff of the Adhiyamankottai police station in Tamil Nadu’s Dharmapuri district have been brought to Chennai to undergo lie-detectors tests over an incident where arms were looted form a police station. The station house staff had said Maoists had looted the firearms on Feb 8 night and they were later recovered from a banana grove behind the police station.
The eight policemen were brought to Chennai Monday for narco-analysis tests and lie detector tests at a special facility in Ayanavaram on the city outskirts.
A separate team led by additional director general of police Vijaya Kumar, known for his operation against slain sandalwood smuggler Veerappan, is investigating the alleged robbery of firearms. It is now believed to be an inside job and may be a result of rivalry.
The crime branch of the Tamil Nadu police is interrogating the policemen.
Investigators are hopeful that they will get to the truth behind the arms looting after the narco-analysis and lie detector tests.
- Veerappan's widow acquitted in all cases in Karnataka - Apr 25, 2011
- Tamil Nadu cops face sexual assault probe - Nov 28, 2011
- No review of court ban on forced narco-analysis test - Aug 11, 2010
- All 269 guilty in Vachathi mass rape, assault case - Sep 29, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh solatium for Tamil Nadu women raped by cops - Nov 29, 2011
- Russian police to face lie detector tests - Aug 20, 2011
- Ruchika case: complainant ready for Narco-test - Mar 08, 2010
- Court rejects CBI plea for narco test on Jagan aide - Feb 02, 2012
- Relatives of arrested Tamil Nadu cops protest - May 15, 2008
- Supreme Court declares narco-analysis, brain-mapping illegal - May 05, 2010
- Court dismisses CBI plea for Jagan's narco test (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- What is narco-analysis, polygraph test and brain-mapping? - May 05, 2010
- Court quashes Karnataka police chief's appointment - Mar 31, 2012
- Arrest of ex-minister sought in Odisha gang rape - Mar 05, 2012
- Tigers now thriving in Sathyamangalam forest once used by Veerappan - Oct 04, 2010