Libyan rebels to move headquarters to TripoliAugust 24th, 2011 - 5:46 am ICT by IANS
Tripoli, Aug 24 (IANS) Libya’s rebel group National Transitional Council (NTC) will move its headquarters from Benghazi to the capital Tripoli within two days, as they captured Muammar Gaddafi’s Bab al- Azizya compound here Tuesday, Xinhua reported.
The rebel group’s plan to shift its headquarter was revealed by Libyan rebel military spokesman Col. Ahmed Bani who was quoted by the Arab al-Jazeera TV as saying.
The compound was captured after heavy fighting, while the whereabouts of the embattled Libyan leader and his sons remained unknown to the moment, BBC reported.
The NTC had met March 5 in its eastern stronghold of Benghazi, where protests against Gaddafi were originated, and declared itself the sole representative of Libya.
- Gaddafi wandered Tripoli streets in disguise - Aug 24, 2011
- Rebels tighten grip on Tripoli, capture Gaddafi's sons - Aug 22, 2011
- Libyan rebels search for Gaddafi (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Libya's rebel leader wants 'fair trial' for Gaddafi - Aug 23, 2011
- Berlusconi to meet Libya's rebel leader - Aug 24, 2011
- NTC seeks Gaddafi family's extradition - Oct 21, 2011
- Libyan rebel government to move to Tripoli next week - Sep 04, 2011
- Muammar Gaddafi buried at secret location in desert - Oct 25, 2011
- India monitoring Libya situation, offers assistance - Aug 23, 2011
- Nicaragua ready to shelter Gaddafi - Aug 24, 2011
- Sarkozy to visit Libya after Gaddafi's capture - Aug 26, 2011
- Gaddafi's elder son Mohammad escapes from rebels - Aug 23, 2011
- Still no idea about Gaddafi's whereabouts: NTC - Sep 20, 2011
- Gaddafi's forces recapture Misurata - Mar 17, 2011
- Gaddafi forces launch airstrikes on Ajdabiya - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: ahmed, al jazeera, al jazeera tv, arab al, bab, bani, bbc, benghazi, libya, libyan leader, military spokesman, muammar gaddafi, national transitional council, protests, rebel group, rebels, sole representative, stronghold, tripoli, xinhua