LG Electronics to double Indian sales by 2015August 19th, 2011 - 12:13 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 18 (IANS) South Korean consumer durables manufacturer LG Electronics is planning to double its business in India by 2015, focusing on home appliances as well as information technology (IT) products while expanding its production capacities, a top company official said Thursday.
“The growth rate of Indian consumer durable product segment is the highest in the world. We see 25 percent average annual growth and none of the other countries where LG is operating does not show this much growth,” Soon Kwon, managing director, LG Electronics India Pvt Ltd and LG’s president for southwest Asia, told reporters here.
LG Electronics will be focusing on IT products as a part of its strategy to double its sales by 2015 while launching new product ranges in the home appliances segment, he said while launching a new range of washing machines and microwave ovens.
Soon said the company will be investing around Rs.700 crore in expanding capacities at its two Indian plants - one at Noida near New Delhi and the other in Pune in Maharashtra.
Queried about plans to set up a facility in south India that is expected to contribute around 31 percent of the company’s 2011 targeted turnover of around Rs.20,000 crore, he said: “We have a plan to expand capacity but not decided on a plant in south India.”
LG Electronics closed 2010 with a turnover of around Rs.16,000 crore contributing about six percent of LG’s global revenue.
- LG plans to invest Rs 1,000 crore in India - Aug 16, 2011
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- LG India ventures into business to business segment - Jun 07, 2011
- LG Electronics expects 45 percent jump in turnover - Feb 16, 2010
- Samsung India plans 40 percent turnover growth to clock $5 bn - Sep 09, 2011
- LG eyeing to clock 30 percent revenue growth in 2011 - Jan 27, 2011
- Metro Tyres to invest Rs.100 crore to expand production - Jul 05, 2012
- Wheels India to invest Rs.70 crore on expansion - Oct 27, 2011
- Samsung to make India production hub for consumer electronics - Nov 26, 2010
- LG expects Rs 860-870 crore business from IT products - Jun 18, 2011
- VGuard targets 25 percent growth this fiscal - Jun 22, 2012
- Consumer durable firms increase prices but say demand will be strong - Oct 18, 2011
- Tractor major to invest Rs.160 crore in expansion - Apr 03, 2012
- South Korea's LG sees 45 percent jump in India turnover (Lead) - Feb 16, 2010
- Now test LG's products at its demonstration zones - Jul 28, 2011
Tags: consumer durable product, consumer durables, crore, home appliances, india pvt ltd, indian plants, lg electronics, maharashtra, managing director, microwave ovens, New Delhi, noida, product ranges, product segment, production capacities, pune, south india, south korean, southwest asia, washing machines