LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sariAugust 4th, 2012 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 4 (IANS) Siddharth Mallya painted a dapper picture in a black tuxedo, while British model Amy Jackson sizzled in a desi avatar as they walked as showstoppers for designers Komal Sood and Pernia Qureshi, respectively, at the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/ Festive 2012 here Saturday.
Siddharth was nervous, and Amy, who made her Bollywood debut with “Ekk Deewana Tha”, was ecstatic about her sari.
“It was a superb experience to walk the ramp. I’m a huge fan of tuxedos and I’m happy that I could walk the ramp wearing it. I was only nervous about the fact that whether I will be able to justify the attire,” Siddharth told IANS.
Amy, who looked slim and trim in a black sari with a wine-coloured border, teamed with a black blouse with detail work on its collar, said: “I am happy I got to wear an Indian sari. I don’t want to take it off. I love saris.”
The combined show kickstarted with Sood showcasing contrasting colours like shades of electric crimson fused with vibrant violet, deep wine and black.
“My collection was inspired by twilight. It’s very glamorous and colourful,” said Sood.
Her outfits included draped dresses, skirts, and she worked with a lot of embellishments to give a hint of femininity.
Qureshi displayed a unique concept of ’shop straight off the runway’, as her collection, titled “An Evening in Paris”, was highly wearable.
“My collection was really practical in the sense that the models could walk the ramp in them and could even go for a dinner directly,” she said.
Her line was an amalgamation of drop-waist dresses, knee-length fitted dresses and specially designed satin mules.
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Films less scary than walking ramp: Tara Sharma - Mar 03, 2012
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Fashion goes beyond ramp; gets wearable, affordable (LFW Review) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Sonali Bendre surprised to see hubby Goldie at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- 'Zangoora' stars walk the ramp at WIFW - Oct 28, 2010
- Sonam brings the curtains down on Jewellery Week - Aug 05, 2011
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- David Guetta renews vows - Aug 30, 2012
- Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for Masaba - Mar 02, 2012
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Satya Paul coming up with a more economic line - Mar 16, 2011
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
Tags: amalgamation, amy jackson, blouse, british model, contrasting colours, detail work, embellishments, evening in paris, femininity, indian sari, knee length, lakme fashion week, model amy, mules, qureshi, ramp, showcasing, siddharth mallya, sood, tuxedos