LeT commander killed in Jammu and Kashmir (Lead)June 5th, 2009 - 1:05 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, June 5 (IANS) Three militants, including a top commander of the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terror outfit, have been killed in a gun battle with security forces in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir early Friday, police said.
The terrorists were killed in a joint operation by police and army in Manthala forest, about 200 km from here.
The security forces had been tracking the group for the last three days, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Doda-Kishtwar Range) Hemant Lohia told IANS.
While one of the killed militants has been identified as Akram, a Pakistani national and chief operational commander of the LeT, the other two were local members of the Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist group.
A Pica gun as well as other arms and ammunition have been recovered from the site of the gun battle.
- Three militants killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Jun 05, 2009
- Two militants killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- LeT wiped out from three Jammu districts: Police - Aug 04, 2011
- Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2011
- LeT militant killed in a shootout - May 21, 2012
- Wanted LeT militant killed in J-K encounter - Mar 28, 2011
- One militant killed in encounter in Kishtwar - Nov 20, 2010
- Top Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 08, 2011
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar - Aug 06, 2012
- Two Hizb militants killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Dec 14, 2009
- Slain Lashkar 'terrorist' a civilian: Sources - Aug 08, 2011
- Two militants killed near Jammu - Nov 28, 2010
- High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIA - Mar 13, 2012
- Hizbul commander killed in gunfight - Jul 26, 2011
- Lashkar planning 26/11 style attack on Delhi ahead of CWG closing ceremony - Oct 13, 2010