Leopard kills girlOctober 25th, 2011 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 25 (IANS) A leopard killed a seven-year-old girl while she was sleeping outside her house in a village in Uttar Pradesh, an official said Tuesday.
After killing Kavita in Sampatpurwa village in Bahraich district, the animal dragged her body to the nearby fields before villagers forced it to flee.
“It appears the leopard is fully grown,” Divisional Forest Officer R.K. Singh told reporters in Bahraich, some 140 km from here. The nearby forest reserve at Katarniaghat is home to around 30 leopards.
- Officials face villagers' wrath over leopard attacks - Nov 09, 2011
- Woman killed by tiger in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 05, 2011
- Leopard kills 7-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 02, 2010
- Two injured in leopard attack - Sep 22, 2011
- Leopard kills boy in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 27, 2010
- Leopard found dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 27, 2011
- Another man killed by tiger in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 08, 2011
- Woman mauled, killed by leopard - Mar 12, 2011
- Villagers vent leopard attack ire on forest officials - Apr 09, 2011
- Tigress kills teenager in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 03, 2011
- Tigress kills man in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 06, 2011
- Tiger kills young man in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 04, 2010
- Tigress kills teenage girl in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 15, 2010
- Two booked as train kills five deer (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- Two leopard cubs clubbed to death - Mar 13, 2011