Lebanese engineer kidnapped in NigeriaNovember 3rd, 2008 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
Beirut, Nov 3 (DPA) Unidentified gunmen kidnapped Monday a Lebanese engineer in southern Nigeria’s oil hub of Port Harcourt, the Lebanese authorities said.According to a government source, the Lebanese government was informed by the Nigerian police that a Lebanese man was abducted in Nigeria late morning.
The source failed to give the name of the abducted man and why he was seized.
In the past three years, Nigeria has seen a spate of kidnappings both of local and foreign oil workers and of relatives of prominent politicians, often by criminal gangs seeking a ransom.
- Spanish doctor kidnapped in Nigeria set free - Apr 22, 2012
- Kidnapped soccer star Obodo released in Nigeria - Jun 11, 2012
- Kidnapped Indian woman released in Nigeria - Oct 30, 2010
- Spanish doctor kidnapped in Nigeria - Apr 12, 2012
- Two Russians taken hostage by Nigerian pirates - Mar 01, 2012
- German engineer abducted in Somalia - Jan 22, 2012
- Two Chinese workers kidnapped in Egypt - Mar 01, 2012
- French aid worker released in Yemen - Jul 15, 2012
- Doctor abducted in Bihar, police clueless (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Four killed in Karachi violence - Jun 05, 2012
- Doctor abducted in Bihar - Jan 11, 2011
- Syria was shocked at top Hezbollah operative's assassination two yrs back: Wikileaks - Dec 08, 2010
- India, Nigeria strengthen ties with Track II dialogue - Mar 16, 2012
- Ten schoolchildren kidnapped in Pak's Kurram region - Apr 02, 2011
- Americans, Indonesians, French, and Canadian among hostages in Nigerian oil rig attack - Nov 13, 2010