Leather goods warehouse gutted, no casualtyNovember 11th, 2010 - 3:21 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 11 (IANS) Goods worth lakhs of rupees were gutted when a major fire broke out in a leather products warehouse in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur district, police said Thursday. But no casualty was reported.
The fire engulfed the leather goods warehouse in the Jai Jawan Complex of Moolganj area late Wednesday. Fire-fighters were able to bring the blaze under control in the wee hours of Thursday.
“Only a few employees were present inside the warehouse. All of them were safely rescued by fire-fighting officials,” police inspector Shiv Prasad told reporters in Kanpur, some 80 km from here.
“The fire that erupted from the leather warehouse in a multi-storeyed building also spread to other commercial establishments, but it was brought under control,” he added.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. However, officials believe an electric short-circuit could have caused it.
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
- Major fire in Lucknow building, none hurt (Lead) - Dec 03, 2010
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh hotel, no casualty - Sep 29, 2011
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Major fire in Kanpur warehouse, no casualty - Oct 07, 2010
- Major fire in Lucknow building, no casualty - Dec 03, 2010
- Massive fire in Kanpur leather factory - Mar 09, 2011
- Major fire in co-operative office, no casualty - Apr 12, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh plastic scrapyard, no casualties - Dec 06, 2010
- Motorbike showroom gutted in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Nov 17, 2010
- Four killed in Delhi warehouse fire - Nov 13, 2011
Tags: blaze, casualty, commercial establishments, district police, fire fighters, jai jawan, kanpur, leather goods, leather products, police inspector, police said thursday, prasad, products warehouse, rupees, shiv, short circuit, uttar pradesh, wee hours, worth lakhs