Leak at French nuclear plant contaminates 100 peopleJuly 24th, 2008 - 5:28 am ICT by IANS
Paris, July 24 (DPA) Inspectors found that 100 people have been “slightly” contaminated near the French nuclear plant Tricastin, French media reported Wednesday. The incident is the second incident at the plant this month.
Radioactive elements leaked from a hose. The nuclear regulatory authority (ASN) categorized the incident as level “0″, and the director of the plant, Alain Peckre, described the incident as “inconsequential”.
On July 7, some 75 kg of radioactive uranium leaked out of the Tricastin nuclear power plant and into two small nearby rivers. That incident was only reported to the authorities a day later.
Last Thursday, Environment Minister Jean-Louis Borloo called for an inspection of all of France’s reactors and the surrounding groundwater.
France is one of the world’s most nuclear-dependent countries, with 59 nuclear power plants supplying about 78 percent of the country’s electricity.
- France to inspect all nuclear power plants - Jul 17, 2008
- Japan dumps contaminated water into ocean - Apr 05, 2011
- Japan aims to totally clean Fukushima of radiation - Jul 15, 2011
- Fresh radioactive water leakage at Fukushima n-plant - Jan 22, 2012
- 250 tonnes of radioactive water leaks from Japan n-plant - May 22, 2011
- Radioactive water leaks at Japan nuclear plant - Mar 19, 2012
- Japan battles to reduce pressure on quake damaged nuke plants - Mar 12, 2011
- Radioactive levels at Fukushima lower than earlier reported:Kyodo - Mar 28, 2011
- Three workers at Japan n-plant exposed to radiation - Mar 24, 2011
- Highly radioactive water leak in tsunami hit Fukushima nuke plant plugged: TEPCO - Apr 06, 2011
- Japan upgrades nuclear accident intensity - Mar 18, 2011
- French experts to tackle Fukushima nuclear power plant crisis - Mar 29, 2011
- Radioactive water leaks from Japan n-plant - Apr 03, 2011
- Complications arise in radioactive water removal at Japan's Fukushima nuke plant - Mar 31, 2011
- 'No radiation from Rajasthan atomic power station' - Jun 29, 2012