Laxmikant Bajpayi appointed UP BJP presidentApril 13th, 2012 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 13 (IANS) After its drubbing in the Uttar Pradesh assembly polls, the national leadership of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) changed the state unit president and appointed Laxmikant Bajpai as its new state head.
Bajpayi, a legislator from the Meerut Sadar constituency, replaces Surya Pratap Shahi who had submitted his resignation last month soon after the party’s poor show in the polls.
The change was announced in a party statement, which said the BJP had reposed its faith in Bajpayi for his long-term loyalty and clean image.
- Uttar Pradesh BJP chief offers to quit - Mar 08, 2012
- BJP cries foul over nominee's failure to file papers - Jun 07, 2012
- Major gains for BJP in UP urban body polls - Jul 07, 2012
- Second phase of BJP's anti-Mayawati yatra begins Wednesday - Nov 09, 2011
- UP BJP leaders blame Kushwaha episode for debacle - Apr 17, 2012
- BJP sweeps corporation polls in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Pranab responsible for economic mess, says Sangma - Jul 11, 2012
- BJP plans brain storming session in Agra Aug 5-6 - Jul 30, 2012
- UP gifts Rs.20 lakh to MLAs for cars, opposition protests - Jul 03, 2012
- BJP readies anti-Congress CD campaign (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 08, 2012
- Congress axes Pramod Tiwari as CLP leader (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 06, 2012
- BJP appoints new chief for Uttar Pradesh unit - May 12, 2010
- BJP demands Mayawati resignation - Mar 12, 2011
- UP traders claim bandh a success, to keep up protests (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- BJP to launch anti-BSP rallies - Mar 30, 2011