Lawyers’ strike to back Anna hits litigantsAugust 17th, 2011 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Litigants suffered and work in Delhi courts was hit Wednesday as lawyers in all the six district court complexes struck work to protest the arrest of anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare.
Hundreds of lawyers staged a sit-in at the Tis Hazari district courts and later marched to Kashmere Gate, about a kilometre away, and returned to the court complex, shouting slogans in support of Hazare.
Hazare was arrested Tuesday and sent to Tihar Jail as Delhi Police moved to stop his fast-unto-death to press for a strong anti-corruption Lokpal bill.
The protest started with a sit-in at Tis Hazari where lawyers sang devotional songs.
The march to Kashmere Gate and back took place over a period of two hours, said Delhi Bar Association president Rajiv Khosla.
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Lawyers plan strike Wednesday on Hazare's arrest - Aug 16, 2011
- Pro-Anna demonstrations continue in Bihar - Aug 17, 2011
- Andhra continues protests to support Hazare (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Ramlila grounds may be Hazare fast venue - Aug 17, 2011
- Anna sent to Tihar, says Delhi Police - Aug 16, 2011
- Traders, students join Anna's protest in Chhattisgarh - Aug 18, 2011
- Support pours in for Anna Hazare in Chhattisgarh - Apr 08, 2011
- Crummy Tis Hazari courthouse to finally get a facelift - Dec 29, 2011
- Delhi Bar Association poll cancelled, rescheduled for Feb 1 - Jan 25, 2012
- Hazare faces complaint in Bhopal on flag hoisting - Aug 16, 2011
- Anna Hazare wins Rabindranath Tagore peace award - Apr 08, 2011
- Andhra continues protests to support Hazare - Aug 17, 2011
- Hazare's campaign generates heat in Punjab, Haryana - Apr 07, 2011
- Support across Rajasthan for Anna Hazare's crusade - Apr 08, 2011