Lawyers group wants probe into Maharashtra terror networkJune 28th, 2012 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 28 (IANS) A lawyers collective Thursday sought a re-investigation into the involvement of locals in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks in the wake of the arrest of terrorist Abu Jindal Hamza.
“We demand the setting up of a Special Investigative Team for this,” said lawyer Sanjiv Punalekar, who is general secretary of Rashtriya Hindu Vidhidnya Parishad (RHVP).
Claiming that the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) was aware of the 26/11 attacks through Intelligence Bureau (IB) alerts, the RHVP alleged the alerts were ignored as the ATS was busy creating false evidence in the Malegaon blast of 2008.
The entire Malegaon 2008 incident should be re-investigated and the culprits who had stored the explosive (RDX) belonging to the jehadi network should be booked, Punalekar told IANS.
The RHVP, part of an all-India association of 18 groups, provides legal aid to Hindus nabbed in various incidents of terrorism, in different parts of India, he said.
- 26/11 control room was in Pakistan: Chidambaram - Jul 04, 2012
- Mumbai police want to confront Hamza with Kasab (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Pakistan rejects involvement of state actors in 26/11 - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi cops to question Abu Jindal for 15 more days (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Confirmed that 26/11 controlled from Pakistan: Chidambaram (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Court declines to give Hamza custody to Mumbai police (lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- 'Hamza's confession proves role of state players in 26/11' - Jun 27, 2012
- Key suspect in Mumbai terror attack held (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Bring terror suspect Hamza to Mumbai: Court (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- India seeks to nail Pakistan on 26/11 with Hamza's confession (Roundup) - Jun 27, 2012
- Mumbai police want to confront Hamza with Kasab - Jun 28, 2012
- Delhi Police has done a magnificent job: S.M. Krishna - Jun 25, 2012
- Pakistan told of Jindal confession: Mathai (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- NIA has joined Jindal interrogation, court told - Jul 04, 2012
- Pakistan should admit Abu Jindal was 26/11 mastermind: India (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012