Lawyers attack court employee in ChandigarhMay 15th, 2011 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 14 (IANS) High drama prevailed in the district court complex here in Sector 17 Saturday as a court employee was forced to take shelter in the retiring room of a judge in order to save himself from the wrath of at least a dozen lawyers.
According to police, Ramkaran Singh tried to put pressure on a lawyer Harinder Singh, asking him to withdraw a complaint he had filed against Ramkaran Singh’s relative.
Harinder Singh brought this to the notice of N.K. Nanda, president of the district bar association.
Following this, around 12 lawyers went to Ramkaran Singh to inquire about the matter. On seeing them, the employee ran into the retiring room of a judge and refused to come out.
“Ramkaran remained inside the retiring room for over two hours. We went there and brought him out. The lawyers attacked him and also misbehaved with the police. We have registered a case against them,” a police official said.
Lawyers created a scene inside the court and also suspended work later.
Nanda, however, said “no lawyer was involved in the incident”. “Ramkaran was attacked by some outsiders, ” he claimed.
- Lawyers' protest paralyses Delhi courts - Apr 07, 2012
- Road rage: Three judges attacked in Delhi (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Two died of poisonous gas from manhole - Apr 19, 2011
- Provident fund scam accused judges get bail - Apr 01, 2011
- Frisking irks Chandigarh lawyers - Dec 21, 2010
- Six ex-judges get interim bail in PF scam (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Judge fired upon in Haryana court - Oct 28, 2011
- Tough security fails to prevent slipper attack - Apr 26, 2011
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Lawyers assault media persons, judicial probe ordered (Second Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Mewat tense after mob fury - Mar 29, 2012
- 50 women booked for assaulting cop in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 12, 2010
- Jharkhand top cop sentenced for assaulting ex-judge - May 19, 2011
- Ex-judge to probe deaths in Tamil Nadu police firing - Sep 14, 2011
- Inspector suspended for misbehaving with judge - Apr 04, 2011