Lawyer of Chota Shakeel’s aide shot deadApril 10th, 2009 - 10:09 am ICT by IANS
Mangalore, April 10 (IANS) An advocate representing underworld don Chota Shakeel’s aide Rashid Malbari was shot dead by unidentified gunmen here, police said Friday.
“Naushad Kashim was gunned down at around 9 p.m. Thursday near his home in the Attavar locality,” Mangalore Police Superintendent A.S. Rao told IANS.
He added that six live bullets were found on the spot and two people might have been involved in the attack. Kashim’s body was sent for postmortem.
A murder case was registered under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) but no arrests had been made so far.
Rao said the police is trying to find out if the victim’s family had received any threats recently.
Rashid Malabari alias Double, 38, has a large number of murder and extortion cases registered against him. He was arrested in Kasargod in neighbouring Kerala March 29.
He is said to have come into contact with Chhota Shakeel in 1995 in Dubai. Soon after, he had begun to carry out ‘hawala’ (illegal money transaction) business, extortion and murders.
Chhota Shakeel is Dawood Ibrahim’s lieutenant.
- Lawyer of Chhota Shakeel's aide shot dead (Lead) - Apr 10, 2009
- Underworld don Chhota Shakeel's aide arrested - Mar 30, 2009
- US sanctions Dawood aides Chhota Shakeel, Tiger Memon - May 16, 2012
- US slaps sanctions against Chhota Shakeel, Tiger Memon (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Gangster arrested in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 10, 2012
- Mumbai Police claim to have 'broken' underworld's back-bone - Jan 11, 2012
- Arun Gawli: The don is finally nailed - Aug 31, 2012
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail - Jul 23, 2012
- CJA condemns journalist Dey's murder - Jun 12, 2011
- Two Dawood Ibrahim aides arrested in Mumbai - Jun 25, 2010
- Police remand for former Chhota Rajan aide - Aug 12, 2011
- Police custody for Kaskar driver's shooters (Third Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Dawood Ibrahim's aide arrested - Oct 08, 2010
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Kaskar attack: Seven booked under stringent law - Sep 14, 2011