Lawyer hacked to death in HyderabadMarch 26th, 2011 - 4:49 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 26 (IANS) A lawyer was hacked to death with swords and sickles in broad daylight on the city outskirts Saturday, said police who suspect that the murder is linked to a property case he contested in a court.
Ashok Kumar Reddy was killed on the premises of the mandal office at Serilingampally by four-five unidentified attackers who had come in an SUV, police said.
According to eyewitnesses, the assailants threw chilli powder on the lawyer before attacking him with swords and sickles in full public view. Reddy, who was profusely bleeding from his head, arms and stomach, died while being shifted to a hospital.
The assailants managed to escape as people present in the office ran helter-skelter following the attack.
Police suspect the murder is linked to a case over prime land at Nanakramguda in the city. Reddy had reportedly won a case for one of his clients, involving a property estimated to be valued at Rs.30 crore.
According to Reddy’s family members, he was receiving threatening phone calls for 15 days, asking him to come forward for a “settlement”.
-Indo-Asian News Service
- Ex-legislator's son shot dead by relative - Feb 12, 2011
- Leopard strays into Nashik colony, attacks three - Mar 26, 2012
- Two TDP leaders hacked to death - Jul 24, 2010
- Firecracker blast causes panic in Bangalore - Sep 09, 2011
- TRS leader hacked to death - Mar 27, 2011
- Cop killed in suspected terror attack in Hyderabad (Second Lead) - May 14, 2010
- Three TDP workers hacked to death in Anantapur - Sep 15, 2011
- Congress corporator hacked to death in Bangalore - Oct 01, 2011
- Youth murdered by ex-lover's father - Jan 26, 2012
- 60 killed in suicide attack on Shia rally in Quetta - Sep 03, 2010
- He heard deafening sound, then building rattled - Jul 13, 2011
- Robbers decamp with Rs.8 lakh in daring bank heist - Apr 11, 2011
- Ex-CRPF trooper goes berserk, kills seven in Andhra (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- KKR fans face police batons outside Eden - May 29, 2012
- 15 dead, 34 injured in Delhi fire - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: ashok kumar, asian news, assailants, attack police, broad daylight, city outskirts, crore, eyewitnesses, family members, hyderabad, indo, news service, premises, prime land, service ms, sickles, stomach, swords, threatening phone calls, unidentified attackers