Lawmaker dies in Brazil plane crashFebruary 27th, 2012 - 11:09 am ICT by IANS
Sao Paulo, Feb 27 (IANS/EFE) A lawmaker was among three people who died in a plane crash in the northern Brazilian state of Para, officials said.
Alessandro Novelino, legislative aide Jose Augusto dos Santos and an unidentified pilot died Saturday when the two-engine plane went down.
The cause of the accident has not been determined, officials said.
The plane was traveling from Belem, the capital of Para, to a ranch in the northeastern part of the state when it disappeared from air traffic controllers’ radar screens.
A search team found the plane’s wreckage and the three bodies Saturday afternoon outside the city of Acara, the state government said in a statement.
“The place is hard to reach and the plane was completely destroyed, but there was apparently no fire,” Public Safety Secretary Luiz Fernandes Rocha said.
“We are deeply saddened by the premature death” of Novelino, who belonged to the National Mobilization Party, the state government said.
- Four die in Brazil plane crash - Feb 17, 2012
- Soccer player dies during match in Brazil - Jul 09, 2012
- Paraguay president undergoes chemotherapy - Sep 04, 2010
- Brazil's ex-president discharged from hospital - Feb 18, 2012
- 7 die in Brazil plane crash - Apr 22, 2011
- Heavy rains leave 250 dead in Brazil - Jan 13, 2011
- Brazilian mayor gunned down at party - Aug 07, 2011
- Air force pilot dies in Brazil plane crash - May 13, 2011
- General Motors imposes lockout at Brazil complex - Jul 25, 2012
- Striker Fabiano recalled to Brazil squad - Sep 12, 2012
- Mob kills murder suspect in Brazil - May 16, 2012
- Chinese oil firm eyes investments in Brazil - Oct 13, 2011
- Sao Paulo win thriller against Santos - Mar 19, 2012
- Four killed in Brazil plane crash - Oct 03, 2011
- Brazilian cadet dies in ejection from plane - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: air traffic controllers, brazil plane crash, brazilian state, efe, engine plane, fernandes, jose augusto, lawmaker, legislative aide, national mobilization, pilot, premature death, public safety secretary, radar screens, sao paulo, saturday afternoon, search team, state government, wreckage