Law student uploads woman’s details on internet, heldMay 12th, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) A law student was arrested for harassing a woman, who studied with him in school, by uploading some photographs and her phone number on a fictitious account on a social networking site, police said Saturday.
Shubham Kansal, 22, was arrested Friday from Dilshad Garden in east Delhi for creating a fictitious Facebook account and uploading some obscene photographs on it.
He also posted the woman’s phone number on the page along with an invitation to others to contact her for friendship.
“Numerous people called on the given mobile phone after visiting the Facebook account. As a result, the woman was continuously harassed,” police said.
The woman lodged a complaint with police March 6. She said her telephone number was given on the page of the social networking site opened in some other woman’s name.
Police apprehended Kansal, a final year student in a law college in Uttar Pradesh, from his house in Dilshad Garden and booked him under Information Technology Act.
“Kansal disclosed that he and the complainant were classmates in school. Shubham tried to develop a relationship with her but failed,” said police.
His inability to get close to the woman drove him to mischief, police said.
- Coming up, a Facebook-like education website - Aug 07, 2011
- Chandigarh citizens haul up errant cops on Facebook - Jun 11, 2011
- Kids need counselling on networking sites: Experts - May 17, 2012
- British kids call police after bullying on Facebook - Apr 13, 2012
- Engineering student held for morphing nude photos - Dec 10, 2010
- Man in 'love' jailed for stalking woman over blog - Mar 10, 2011
- 'More Indian teens using networking sites to communicate' - May 23, 2012
- Over 250 websites blocked for triggering northeast panic - Aug 20, 2012
- Facebook's decision to guard 'illegal contents' spurs debate over free speech on internet - Dec 13, 2010
- Over 9 million follow Dalai Lama in cyberspace - Sep 11, 2012
- Mexican doctor criticised for OT photos on Facebook - Apr 20, 2012
- Facebook to ask users phone details - Jun 15, 2012
- Facebook-related crimes in Britain hit 100,000-mark - Dec 14, 2010
- Kiwi man jailed for posting nude pic of ex-girlfriend on Facebook - Nov 13, 2010
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Facebook - Sep 10, 2012
Tags: classmates, complainant, east delhi, facebook, fictitious account, friendship, information technology act, invitation, mischief, mobile phone, New Delhi, obscene photographs, phone number, police march, relationship, shubham, social networking site, telephone number