Law student commits suicide in Uttar PradeshFebruary 23rd, 2008 - 5:39 pm ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, Feb 23 (IANS) A 23-year-old law student committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling fan in her house in Ghaziabad, police said Saturday. Rekha, a second-year undergraduate at the Institute of Management studies (IMS) at Noida, hanged herself in her bedroom around midnight Friday.
She was living in Ghaziabad’s Pratap Vihar area with her mother and brother. Her father, an engineer with the Uttarakhand Jal Board, lives in Dehradun.
After coming home from the institute in Noida at about 6.00 p.m. Friday, Rekha locked herself in her bedroom, saying she wanted to sleep.
“We thought she must be tired and wanted to rest so we didn’t disturb her. We got worried when she did not come for dinner. We knocked on her door at 11.00 p.m. but did not get any response. At midnight we called the police who forced open the door and found her hanging from the ceiling fan,” Rekha’s mother said.
“We will be sending the body for a post mortem excamination,” the officer in charge of the local police station said.
- MCA student hangs himself after father's scolding - Sep 16, 2011
- Girl student commits suicide - Sep 09, 2010
- MCA student commits suicide - Sep 10, 2010
- Two cop kids commit suicide in Ghaziabad - Oct 06, 2010
- Engineering student kills self - Nov 05, 2011
- Tech student hangs himself in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 23, 2011
- Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Medical student commits suicide - Jul 02, 2011
- Management student commits suicide - Aug 30, 2010
- Pilot arrested after wife hangs herself to death - Dec 02, 2011
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Mother poisons daughters, self - Nov 08, 2011
- Woman in debt kills self - Feb 22, 2012
- Woman commits suicide in Delhi - May 03, 2011
- Mother kills daughter, commits suicide - Jul 04, 2011