Lata to receive K.L. Saigal awardNovember 7th, 2011 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 7 (IANS) Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar will be honoured with the K.L. Saigal award by Savitri Vikas Samiti here on Nov 17.
According to Anita Srivastava, from Savitri Vikas Samiti, Lata will receive the award from music legend M.Z. Khayyam, at a ceremony to be held at Siri Fort Auditorium.
The 82-year-old will also be felicitated with lifetime achievement award along with her brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar and the brother-sister duo will be present to receive their awards.
Others to be honoured for their achievements by Savitri Vikas Samiti are veteran actor Jeetendra, Prem Chopra and Sanjay Kapoor; composer Ravindra Jain, singers Penaz Masani, Jagjit Kaur, Sonu Nigam and Aakriti Kakkar; and late filmmaker Surendra Kapoor.
The event will have musical performance by Prem Bhatia and Group.
“I am glad to be able to organise this programme. It is a magical evening with legends like Lataji. K.L Saigal awards are given in memory of Saigal saab and he will be remembered always,” Bhatia said.
- Lata proud of brother Hridaynath - Sep 28, 2011
- Big B to confer first Hridaynath Award on Lata - Sep 27, 2011
- Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award' for composer Anandji - Aug 30, 2012
- Artistes perform on music composer Hridaynath Mangeshkar's birthday - Oct 27, 2010
- Sibling power rocks Bollywood (Aug 13 is Rakhi) - Aug 10, 2011
- New annual awards in K.L. Saigals' honour (With Images) - Jun 17, 2009
- Lata likes 'Indian Idol' - Jun 29, 2012
- India Post releases stamps on six legendary actresses - Feb 14, 2011
- Lata, Dev Anand recall Kishore on his birth anniversary - Aug 04, 2011
- Shammi was a fabulous singer: Lata - Aug 14, 2011
- Gujarat's Dhari breaks own classical singing record - Nov 16, 2010
- '3 Idiots' triumphs at first edition of GIMA awards - Nov 11, 2010
- Lata to be honoured with Pazhassi Raja award - Aug 24, 2011
- Lata felicitated on father's death anniversary - Apr 25, 2011
- Bollywood who's who descends for 'Hum Dono' in colour - Feb 04, 2011