Last of notorious Bunty gang arrested in DelhiOctober 27th, 2008 - 10:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 27 (IANS) The last of the notorious biker gang of Bunty - the absconding 24-year-old who stands accused in 12 cases of murder and attempted murder - which unleashed terror in the capital with a spate of robberies and unprovoked killings, has been arrested. Om Shiv alias Kallu, before being overpowered by sleuths of Delhi Police Special Cell from Uttam Nagar area Sunday, fired in the air. He carried a reward of Rs.50,000 on his head, the police said Monday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Alok Kumar said Om Shiv worked for the biker gang of Om Prakash alias Bunty and was involved in 19 cases of murder, attempt to murder and robbery.
An illicit country-made pistol of .315 bore, one live cartridge and a stolen Esteem car were recovered from his possession.
“Om Shiv in his questioning said he is a matriculate and a good friend of Bunty’s brother Sonu. He joined the Bunty gang in 2006 when he was arrested in a case of attempt to murder in Badarpur area,” Kumar said.
“Bunty helped Om Shiv with finances to secure bail on the condition that he had to join his gang after release. Later, he joined the Bunty gang to make quick money,” Kumar added.
Bunty and Rajesh alias Panni were shot dead by a Delhi Police team Aug 25. Their third accomplice Israil was nabbed four days later and the fourth identified as Raghav Verma was arrested subsequently. Another member Nasir alias Zakir was arrested in July.
The biker gang first made news July 5 when its members gunned down property dealer Sonu, 25, outside his Sangam Vihar residence. That day, they also shot at a man and robbed his Pulsar bike in the same area.
After that, the trigger-happy gang carried out a series of robberies, including of Pulsar bikes, and killed five people in south Delhi.
- Delhi bikers' gang member arrested in Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Aug 30, 2008
- Three members of biker gang arrested in Delhi (Lead) - Aug 01, 2008
- Bikers' gang leader, member shot dead by police (Lead) - Aug 25, 2008
- Delhi Police bust biker gang - Sep 13, 2010
- Police shoot dead leader, member of Delhi bikers' gang - Aug 25, 2008
- Man involved in murder, robbery arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Super chor 'Bunty' arrested in Bhopal, police confirm - Jan 16, 2012
- Biker gang leader Bunty's autopsy conducted - Aug 26, 2008
- Three held in Delhi for murder in Rajasthan - May 21, 2011
- Three arrested for murder, robbery - Mar 24, 2011
- Biker gang leader Bunty's aide arrested - Aug 28, 2008
- Absconding murder accused held after eight years - Jun 17, 2011
- Mother gets son killed to keep affair under wraps - Sep 01, 2011
- Man wanted in 13 criminal cases arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Criminal wanted in 17 cases arrested - Mar 16, 2011