Larsen and Toubro bags orders worth Rs.13.7 bnDecember 16th, 2008 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 16 (IANS) Engineering major Larsen and Toubro (L&T) has bagged orders aggregating Rs.13.72 billion (Rs.1,372 crore) from various clients, the company announced Tuesday. In a regulatory statement, L&T said it has secured an order worth Rs.5.16 billion (Rs.516 crore) from Vedanta Aluminum for setting up an alumina refinery with an annual capacity of three million tonnes at Lanjigarh in Orissa.
It has also secured an order valued at Rs.4.55 billion (Rs.455 crore) from Utkal Alumina International for setting up a 1.5 million tonne greenfield alumina refinery at Doraguda, Orissa.
Alongside, it has also secured an order worth Rs.4.01 billion (Rs.401 crore) for civil, structural, equipment erection and piping work at Bhushan Steel’s expansion at its plant in Angul, Orissa. The contract involves the company to set up a steel melt shop and coke oven.
L&T is already setting up a blast furnace and a sinter plants for Bhushan Steel at the same plant.
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,610 orders in Q1 - Jun 24, 2011
- L&T bags orders worth Rs.1,749 crore from state-run firms - Aug 05, 2010
- Nalco targets to produce 4.6 lakh tonnes of aluminium - Mar 12, 2010
- Villagers seek allocation of bauxite for Vedanta plant - Aug 29, 2012
- NALCO to expand capacity at Orissa unit - Apr 25, 2011
- Activist demands shutdown of Vedanta refinery in Odisha - Sep 18, 2012
- National Aluminium on a major diversification drive: Chairman - Jul 28, 2011
- Orissa seeking legal opinion on Vedanta project - Oct 28, 2010
- Villagers stage demonstration seeking bauxite for Vedanta plant - Sep 11, 2012
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.11.64 bn projects - Dec 30, 2010
- Vedanta plans to shut down Odisha refinery from December - Sep 06, 2012
- Vedanta against bauxite export - Sep 03, 2012
- L&T bags orders worth Rs.1,383 crore - Jun 30, 2010
- Tata Steel's Kalinganagar plant gets first consignment - Feb 22, 2010
- SAIL Bhilai unit to expand capacity, picks up suppliers - Sep 05, 2010