Larger apex court bench to decide Pakistani accused’s pleaJanuary 11th, 2012 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 11 (IANS) The Supreme Court Wednesday referred to a larger bench a Pakistani national’s petition challenging his death sentence in the 1997 Karol Bagh bomb blast here in which four people were killed.
The petition by Mohd. Hussain was sent to a larger bench after Justice H.L. Dattu and Justice C.K. Prasad agreed that the trial in the case was not just but differed on the course to correct the wrong and gave a split verdict.
The bomb was planted in a private public transport bus plying on a route between Nangloi in west Delhi and Ajmeri Gate in central Delhi. The explosion took place Dec 30, 1997 at Ram Pura bus stop on Rohtak Road.
- Larger apex court bench to decide Pakistani accused's plea (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- SC directs fresh trial of Delhi 1997 blast accused - Aug 31, 2012
- SC notice to Tata Motors on Singur land - Aug 24, 2012
- Mishra killing: SC reserves order on accused's plea - Jul 31, 2012
- Mishra killing: Plea to quash case dismissed - Aug 17, 2012
- Bhullar allowed to amend plea against death penalty - Sep 06, 2011
- L.N. Mishra killing: Plea to quash case dismissed (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Allahabad High Court order restraining media set aside - Sep 14, 2012
- Quash charges, trial in Mishra killing, SC urged (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Apex court cautions on fee waiver for poor litigants - Jul 20, 2011
- Apex court to hear in July a 37-year-old case - Apr 16, 2012
- Supreme Court notice to CBI in minister's killing - Dec 15, 2011
- SC notice to Tata Motors on Singur land (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Delay no ground to quash trial, CBI tells SC - Jul 26, 2012
- 15-day parole to police official in 1997 Connaught Place killing - Jun 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,