Landslide kills three in MeghalayaJuly 26th, 2012 - 4:28 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, July 26 (IANS) Three people, including two women, were killed after their hill top house collapsed following a landslide in Meghalaya’s Ri-Bhoi district Thursday, police said.
The accident took place on the Gauhati-Shillong road leading to a massive traffic snarl. However, the road was opened after workers cleared rubble.
“Three people, including two women from a family, died after their house located at a hilltop collapsed this morning at 20 mile,” Claudia A. Lyngwa, the district police chief of Ri-Bhoi, told IANS.
Two vehicles - a Maruti car and a truck - were also damaged in the landslide, the police official said.
Lyngwa said the two killed women were identified as Pdianghun Mukhim and Ida Mukhim. However, the male body recovered from the rubble of the landslide is yet to be identified.
- Assam killers arrested in Meghalaya - Feb 11, 2011
- NIA grills Myanmarese arms smugglers (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Petrol bomb attack in Meghalaya - Feb 26, 2012
- Tension after petrol bomb attacks - Feb 26, 2012
- Three Myanmarese arms smugglers arrested in Meghalaya - Jun 19, 2011
- CBI to take custody of NDFB rebel - Feb 15, 2011
- Pawan Hans resumes chopper service in Meghalaya - Jul 26, 2012
- Wildlife guard killed by elephant - Jan 11, 2012
- Pawan Hans resumes chopper services in Meghalaya - Jul 25, 2012
- Prohibitory orders imposed in Meghalaya hills - Apr 02, 2011
- Thousands take part in Meghalaya pilgrimage - Feb 05, 2012
- Landslide cuts off Mizoram, Manipur and Tripura - Jul 15, 2012
- Customs seize marijuana in Meghalaya - Aug 02, 2010
- Meghalaya woman killed on India-Bangladesh border - Sep 27, 2010
- Shutdown brings normal life to standstill in Meghalaya - May 14, 2012