Landslide kills three in AssamJune 22nd, 2012 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, June 22 (IANS) A man and his two minor sons were killed after their house here collapsed following a landslide Friday, police said.
The accident took place in Lalunggaon area.
Police said that incessant rains in the area since Thursday evening led to the landslide.
“The three deceased belongs to one family. The victims were identified as Nimai Baishya and his two sons Rahul, 7, and Anuj, 3,” a police official said.
- Landslide kills one in Guwahati - Jun 25, 2012
- Landslide buries three of family in Assam - Jun 27, 2012
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad - Jul 21, 2012
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- Rains block Jammu-Srinagar highway, many stranded - Aug 22, 2012
- ULFA cadre nabbed with Chinese grenade - Jun 13, 2012
- Hundreds of tourists stranded in Himachal Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- One killed in Maharashtra train accident, probe ordered - Jul 20, 2012
- Heavy rains and landslide disrupt Konkan rail services - Sep 03, 2011
- Landslide kills three in Meghalaya - Jul 26, 2012
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 10 dead, seven trapped in Malaysia's landslides (Lead) - May 22, 2011
- Manipur militant nabbed in Guwahati - May 25, 2012
- Road rage: Man burnt alive in Rajasthan - Jul 03, 2012
- Landslides block Srinagar-Jammu highway again - Feb 22, 2012