Landlady beaten to death in DelhiMarch 4th, 2009 - 5:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 4 (IANS) A 52-year-old landlady was beaten to death allegedly by her tenants here after an argument over an electricity bill, police said Wednesday.
Devi Rani, who was staying with her son Vijay Kumar in Geeta Colony in east Delhi, had rented the first floor of her house to Inderjit - known by his first name only.
Rani had asked the tenants to vacate the house. There was some dispute over an electricity bill between the house owner and the tenants, a police spokesperson said.
Kumar had an argument with Inderjit and his family over this Tuesday, the spokesperson said.
“There was a heated exchange of words among them and the tenants began to beat Kumar. Hearing his cries, Rani rushed to save him and was in turn severely beaten,” he said.
She fell unconscious during the melee. While Kumar caught hold of Inderjit and his son Rinku, four of the family members managed to flee the spot, the police official said.
“Rani was rushed to a hospital where she was declared brought dead,” he said.
Inderjit and Rinku have been arrested.
- Landlady beaten to death over electricity bill in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 04, 2009
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Teen kills aunt, two others to avenge grudge - Apr 23, 2012
- Punjab man gets death for burning two sons to death - Sep 18, 2012
- Spurned lover kills four, self (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Of stories of bravery and courage at the crash site - May 26, 2011
- African youth in coma since April, father seeks Badal's help - Jul 06, 2012
- Journalist, pregnant wife attacked - Jul 07, 2012
- Delhi Police rewards woman for foiling robbery - Aug 12, 2010
- Man held for killing wife over dowry - May 10, 2011
- Girl dies after being thrashed, thrown down by uncle (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- 3-year-old girl dies after being thrashed by uncle - Mar 25, 2011
- India assures Burundi of help for African youth in coma (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Marriage bureau owner, four family members murdered - Apr 16, 2011
- African in coma: Badal tells police to spare no one (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 06, 2012