Land acquisition bill to come soonAugust 4th, 2011 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 4 (IANS) The proposed bill dealing with land acquisition and rehabilitation and resettlement will soon be finalised and suggestions received from various quarters will be considered, parliament was told Thursday.
Minister of State for Rural Development Sisir Kumar Adhikari told the Lok Sabha that his department is finalising an integrated land acquisition and rehabilitation and resettlement bill to address various issues related to land acquisition, rehabilitation and resettlement.
“A draft bill has been hosted on the website of the department for public consultations. Suggestions from various quarters received on the bill will be considered by the government,” Adhikari said.
The minister also added that present, the compensation is given to farmers against the land being acquired as per the norms and provisions contained in the Land Acquisition Act, 1894.
The current land acquisition law was framed over a century ago and allows the government to take over land for a “public purpose” without compensation.
- Land bill to be retrospective: Ramesh (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Cabinet clears land acquisition bill; to be introduced Wednesday - Sep 06, 2011
- Modified land bill draft to be retrospective: Ramesh - Aug 19, 2011
- FICCI wants draft land acquisition bill revised - Jan 01, 2012
- Draft land bill being modified: Ramesh - Aug 11, 2011
- Highlights of the draft land acquisition bill - Jul 29, 2011
- Land acquisition bill introduced in parliament - Sep 07, 2011
- Parliamentary panel seeks public opinion on land bill - Oct 14, 2011
- Ramesh says draft land bill being modified, lauds Rahul (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- India moves to make land acquisition transparent, fair (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- Land acquisition bill is a departure from earlier one: Minister - Dec 20, 2011
- New land bill will facilitate economic growth: Ramesh - May 18, 2012
- Land bill draft to be modified: Jairam Ramesh - Jul 31, 2011
- Retrospective effect for land bill to be examined: Jairam - Aug 04, 2011
- Mamata broadly in sympathy with approach of land bill: Ramesh (Lead) - Jul 31, 2011
Tags: adhikari, draft bill, farmers, finalised, land acquisition act, Lok Sabha, minister of state, New Delhi, norms, parliament, provisions, public consultations, public purpose, quarters, resettlement, rural development