Lancashire looking to call Ashwell Prince as Laxman’s replacementFebruary 10th, 2009 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 10 (IANS) English county Lancashire is looking to call on South Africa batsman Ashwell Prince for the early stages of the season in place of star India player
V.V.S. Laxman who would be completing his commitments with the Deccan Chargers in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Lancashire is expected to leave the decision on new coach Peter Moores, who lost England’s coaching job last month after a controversial stint.
Moores’s appointment is expected to be confirmed after Lancashire’s next scheduled committee meeting Wednesday.
Former Australia coach Geoff Marsh has pulled himself out of the Lancashire’s coaching job.
“I am out of the race. My style of coaching is perhaps not what they are looking for. Peter Moores deserves it. Once I knew he was in the race I knew that was the way they should go.
“He is a good coach. To be coach of England shows you must have something about you. I got down to the last four but I can see Lancashire’s point of view. I would have gone for Moores, even ahead of myself, because he has won the Championship and done such a good job with Sussex,” Marsh was quoted as saying in the English media.
The county put back the deadline for applications to allow Moores to apply after he was effectively driven out of his England job by former captain Kevin Pietersen.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- Anderson contradicts Pietersen, attributes his success to Moores - Jan 01, 2011
- I will learn from the Indian team: Fletcher - Jul 15, 2011
- What the teams got on the first day of IPL-4 auction - Jan 08, 2011
- Banned Younis likely to replace Sangakkara in Lancashire - Apr 10, 2010
- Anderson defends ex-England coach Moores after Pietersen's criticism - Jan 01, 2011
- Great to be a part of home team, says Sreesanth - Jan 08, 2011
- IPL-4 auction: Gambhir top grosser; No takers for Lara, Ganguly (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- IPL-4 auction: Lara goes unsold; Gambhir remains top grosser - Jan 08, 2011
- Super Kings snap Jadeja for $2 m, Vinay Kumar goes for $1 m(Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Moores sacking came at the right time: Pietersen - Dec 31, 2010
- IPL-4: Ganguly, Gayle unsold; Gambhir fetches record price - Jan 08, 2011
- Geoff Marsh ends IPL stint to coach Sri Lanka - Sep 23, 2011
- England take control of second Test (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2011
- Deccan Chargers hope to end losing streak against Daredevils - Apr 18, 2012
- India to bowl against England in first Test - Jul 21, 2011