‘Lamhaa’ director denies any notice from Kashmiri separatist leaderJanuary 18th, 2009 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Jan 18 (IANS) Rahul Dholakia, the director of the Bollywood film ‘Lamhaa’, Sunday denied receiving any legal notice from Kashmiri woman separatist leader Asiya Andrabi for basing the character played by Bipasha Basu in his film on the separatist leader’s life. “I have not received any legal notice from Asiya Andrabi for any controversy about Bipasha Basu’s role in my film,” Dholakia told a media conference here today.
Earlier, Andrabi, the chief of the women’s separatist group Dukhtaran-e-Milat, had stated her lawyer had sent a legal notice to the makers of ‘Lamhaa’ for allegedly portraying her life in the film.
The director of the movie thanked the people of Kashmir for their whole-hearted cooperation during the shooting of the film, which was nearing completion now.
“I have requested Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to allow the film’s premiere being held in Kashmir in June or July this year,” Dholakia said.
“We have done a bit of the film’s shooting in Shimla also. After the shooting was interrupted here because of some misunderstanding last year, we did those shots in the studios at Mumbai where sets where erected to suit the story’s background,” he said.
- Bipasha does not portray Kashmiri separatist leader in 'Lamhaa' - Jan 14, 2009
- Women's group protests in Kashmir over Assam, Myanmar - Aug 17, 2012
- Kashmir women's group seeks Aafia Siddiqui's release - Jan 27, 2012
- Another wanted leader of Geelani's Hurriyat faction held - Aug 29, 2010
- 'Lamhaa' is about the turmoil in Kashmir Valley (IANS Preview) - Jul 12, 2010
- 'Lamhaa' happened after I spoke to Kashmiri students: Dholakia - Jun 28, 2010
- Not mocking Aishwarya Rai in 'Lamhaa': filmmakers - Jul 12, 2010
- Dukhtaran chief denies her son wants to study abroad - Aug 17, 2010
- Top Kashmir woman separatist leader arrested (Lead) - Aug 28, 2010
- 'Lamhaa' screening problematic in Kashmir - May 20, 2010
- Dholakia to take Kashimiris to Jammu to watch 'Lamhaa' - Jul 20, 2010
- 'Lamhaa' director invited to visit Kashmir - Aug 08, 2010
- Lamhaa For Kashmir - May 20, 2010
- Dholakia to write book on Kashmir - Jul 15, 2010
- Movie Review - Lamhaa (2010) - Jul 16, 2010