Lamborghini crash: Injured cyclist paralysed (Second Lead)February 20th, 2012 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) A 45-year-old cyclist who was injured in the Lamborghini car crash in south Delhi early Sunday may be paralysed for life, doctors said Monday even as police awaited his recovery to put together the chain of events leading to the tragedy.
AIIMS apex trauma centre chief Dr. M.C. Misra said cyclist Kishan was conscious but had suffered multiple injuries and paralysis of all four limbs.
“He has fractured his ribs and has received multiple injuries to his upper spine, chest and brain. All his four limbs are paralysed and he may suffer from paralysis for the rest of his life,” Misra told IANS.
A police officer told IANS that they were waiting for the recovery of Kishan, a resident of Dakshinpuri area in south Delhi, as he was the only witness to the incident.
“His statement can be only recorded if he recovers,” said the official.
Early Sunday morning, a young south Delhi realtor, Anukool Rishi, was driving his Lamborghini sports car at a high speed when he lost control. The car hit Kishan as it crashed into a bus-stop railing on the Bus Rapid Transit corridor near Panchsheel Enclave.
Rishi died on the spot and Kishan, who received severe head injuries, was rushed to the AIIMS apex trauma centre.
Police said they were looking forward to the post-mortem report of the car driver to know if he was driving under influence of liquor.
- Lamborghini crash: Injured man could be paralysed for life (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Cyclist injured in Delhi car crash stable - Feb 20, 2012
- 1 dead, in sports car crash in Delhi - Feb 19, 2012
- 1 dead in sports car crash in Delhi (lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Sports car driver killed in crash (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi - Feb 28, 2012
- Delhi's killer roads: Recalling some major accidents - Feb 20, 2012
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi - Feb 20, 2012
- Less road accidents at night in Delhi: Police - Apr 18, 2012
- Baby Falak still critical, another woman held (Second Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Battered baby battles for life, parents untraceable - Jan 27, 2012
- Baby Falak still critical - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: apex, bus rapid transit, bus stop, car crash, car driver, enclave, head injuries, kishan, lamborghini, lamborghini car, life doctors, misra, paralysis, post mortem report, railing, south delhi, sports car, transit corridor, trauma centre, upper spine