Lalu Prasad announces relief for Rae Bareli accident victimsJanuary 26th, 2009 - 7:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 26 (IANS) Union Railways Minister Lalu Prasad Monday announced a compensation of Rs.100,000 to the next of kin of the 12 people killed in a rail accident in Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh a day earlier. The accident, at Unchahar in Rae Bareli distict, occurred when a tractor-trolley was hit by the Kanpur-Allahabad passenger train while passing through an unmanned railway crossing level crossing. Twentyseven other people were injured.
The minister announced Rs.20,000 compensation for each of those grievously injured and Rs.5,000 each to those with simple injuries, said a ministry statement here.
Lalu Prasad said the railways would also consider providing a suitable job to the next of kin of those who were killed and belonged to poor families.
The Lucknow division railway manager has ordered an enquiry into the accident, the statement added.
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- 11 killed, 30 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead) - Jan 25, 2009
- Nine killed, 35 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 25, 2009
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- 38 dead as train rams into bus in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 07, 2011
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana, four injured (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 28, 2010
- PM condoles deaths in Tamil Nadu train fire (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Nine killed as train rams into tractor-tolley (Lead) - Mar 09, 2010
- Six killed as train rams into vehicle - Mar 09, 2010
- Five killed, over 50 injured in three separate train accidents - Jan 02, 2010
- One killed, 15 injured in tractor-train collision - Nov 12, 2009
- Nine killed in UP rail accident - Mar 09, 2010
- Jharkhand train accident: Six railway staff suspended - Jan 11, 2012
- PM, Jayalalithaa condole deaths in train fire (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012