‘Lakhs of Delhi Police followers on SMS, Facebook’January 6th, 2012 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 6 (IANS) Delhi Police Commissioner B.K. Gupta said Friday that the force had more than 100,000 SMS subscribers and nearly the same amount of followers on social networking site Facebook.
Addressing the annual press conference of Delhi Police, Gupta said: “We have 107,264 subscribers of our SMS facility, 92,604 members on Facebook and 5,276 followers on Twitter.”
According to Gupta, the initiatives have increased the police’s connect with the general public, especially the net-savvy youngsters of the capital.
The Delhi traffic police constantly updates Delhiites on jams and provides other information via social networking sites and SMS services.
Followes on Facebook and Twitter can also upload pictures of traffic rule violators, errant drivers or obstructions on roads to get them redressed quickly.
- Deaths on Delhi roads down by 8 percent, say police - Jul 02, 2011
- Delhi Traffic Police Facebook page has over a lakh followers - Feb 21, 2012
- Now, Delhi Police to join Facebook - Nov 24, 2010
- Delhi traffic police's SMS alerts a huge hit - Jul 19, 2010
- MTS launches smartphones starting Rs.4,999 - Sep 06, 2010
- 1,500 volunteers to help ease traffic during Games - Sep 29, 2010
- Now, get traffic updates online - May 17, 2010
- Traffic jams: Police try to pacify commuters - Aug 14, 2011
- Delhi's traffic will improve: Police - Feb 22, 2012
- Delhi Police eyes high tech makeover - Jan 06, 2011
- 'More Indian teens using networking sites to communicate' - May 23, 2012
- 31,000 on Facebook path to smooth roads in Delhi - Sep 29, 2010
- Russian president joins Facebook - Oct 20, 2011
- Foreign ministry embraces social media - Mar 16, 2011
- 25 million Facebook users in India - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,