Laila Khan murder: Tak sent to judicial custodyJuly 23rd, 2012 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 23 (IANS) A Mumbai court Monday remanded to judicial custody till Aug 4 Parvez Iqbal Tak, prime accused in the killing of actress Laila Khan and five of her family members.
Arrested June 21 from Kishtwar town in Jammu and Kashmir, Tak, a suspected Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorist, was handed over to Mumbai police July 7.
Since then, he was remanded twice and remained in police custody which ended Monday.
Four days after getting his custody, police discovered six skeletons at Laila’s country cottage in Igatpuri, in Nashik district, around 130 km from Mumbai.
Besides Laila, 30, the others who were reported missing till then included her mother Selina, 52, sisters Zara, 25, and Azmina, 32, brother Imran, 25, and cousin Reshma Khan, 29.
Preliminary investigations and forensic reports revealed that five of the six skeletons were of women.
Police also recovered pieces of jewellery, some synthetic clothing and underclothing from the human remains on the skeletons.
However, the final forensic reports would ascertain if the skeletons were those of Laila and her kin, police said.
- Laila Khan murder: Tak's police custody extended (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Murder saga resolved with discovery of six skeletons (Third Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Murder saga resolved, six skeletons found (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Six skeletons found in missing starlet's villa (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Searches continue at missing Bollywood starlet's villa - Jul 11, 2012
- Human remains found near Laila Khan's country villa - Jul 11, 2012
- Missing starlet's stepfather remanded to police custody (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Mystery continues over missing actress Laila Khan (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Laila Khan's father dismisses claim on her killing - Jul 05, 2012
- Actress Laila Khan killed with family, says stepfather - Jul 05, 2012
- Missing starlet's step father handed over to Maharashtra police - Jul 07, 2012
- Court rules out CBI probe into Laila Khan murder - Jul 26, 2012
- Missing starlet's step father brought to Mumbai - Jul 09, 2012
- Maharashtra government set to face opposition ire - Jul 08, 2012
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: actress laila, cousin, family members, forensic reports, imran, investigations, iqbal, jammu and kashmir, judicial custody, june 21, kashmir, lashkar, mumbai court, parvez, police custody, reshma khan, skeletons, underclothing, women police, zara