Lahore High Court dismisses petitions on Davis immunityMarch 14th, 2011 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 14 (IANS) The Lahore High Court has dismissed petitions pertaining to the diplomatic immunity of the arrested CIA contractor Raymond Davis after the foreign ministry admitted that they have no record of his diplomatic status, a media report said Monday.
Deputy Attorney General Naveed Enayet Malik submitted in the foreign ministry’s reply that: “Raymond Davis’s correct name is Raymond Allen Davis to whom business visa was given on the US government request.”
Raymond Davis was arrested after he gunned down two Pakistani men in Lahore. Following the incident, the US embassy approached the foreign ministry for immediate release of Davis.
Deputy attorney general said that the foreign ministry was fully aware of the rule of law and their responsibility and added that whatever record was available relating to Raymond Davis would be submitted in the court.
The petitioner, Azhar Siddique, raising an objection, said: “Why was the government hesitant in giving a categorical statement relating to the immunity of Raymond Davis.”
Malik said that as the trial court was already hearing this case, the decision on immunity would also be taken by the court in accordance with the law.
The chief justice, while dismissing the petitions relating to Davis’s immunity, said the trial court will take a decision on this, Geo News reported.
- Pak Foreign Ministry has no records on Davis' diplomatic immunity status: DAG - Mar 15, 2011
- Davis case adjourned till March 14 after Pak FM seeks more time to reply on his status - Feb 17, 2011
- Don't let Davis leave Pakistan, rules court (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Pakistan court indicts Davis for double murder (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Court moved to prevent Pak govt from providing Davis with immunity from sentence - Feb 15, 2011
- Keep Davis on exit control list, court tells government - Feb 18, 2011
- Lahore HC admits petition to make media reports part of Davis immunity case - Mar 02, 2011
- Lahore HC quashes petition to make Ambassador Munter party to Raymond Davis case - Mar 08, 2011
- Davis to have legal counsel during trial court proceedings in Pakistan: US Embassy - Mar 16, 2011
- Pak court dumps petition seeking ban on Facebook for 'displaying blasphemous material' - Mar 01, 2011
- Court issues notice to Pak Govt on application against 'special facilities in jail' for Davis - Mar 01, 2011
- Qureshi questions Pak Govt's 3-week-time plea in court to reply on Davis' immunity - Feb 19, 2011
- Pak Govt to tell court Davis doesn't enjoy blanket immunity: Sources - Mar 13, 2011
- Petition filed in Pak court to make America 'party' in Davis immunity case - Mar 01, 2011
- Pak court blocks 'murder-accused US diplomat' from exiting country - Feb 01, 2011