Lacklustre trading continues in Indian equities (Second Lead)December 16th, 2008 - 4:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 16 (IANS) Trading in Indian equities markets remained dull Tuesday with a key index ruling 0.06 percent lower around 2:20 p.m.The 30-share sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was ruling at 9,826.66 points, a slight dip of 0.06 percent or 5.73 points over its close Monday at 9,832.39 points.
The broader-based 50-share S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE), which had breached the 3,000 mark earlier in the day, was ruling a tad below at 2,995.7 points, a meagre rise of 0.49 percent over its previous close.
Broader market indices continued outperforming the Sensex with the midcap index trading 1.68 percent higher than the previous close, while the smallcap index rose 2.4 percent over Monday’s close.
Trading on Asian markets was also sluggish, with the Nikkei, a key index of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, sliding further since morning trade to currently rule 1.12 percent lower than its previous close.
However, the Hang Seng, a key index of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange performed better, rising 0.55 percent over its previous close.
- Sensex quiet in morning trade - Jan 04, 2012
- Sensex weak in early trade - Feb 03, 2011
- Benchmark indices subdued, midcaps rise - Feb 09, 2012
- Indian markets quiet ahead of monetary policy - Jan 23, 2012
- Sensex dull in early trade - Feb 10, 2011
- Sensex gives up early gains (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- Sensex pares early losses (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Indian equities close flat (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex holds on to gains broader indices flat (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Sensex ends flat (Second Lead) - Jun 23, 2010
- Sensex weak in early trade - Apr 15, 2011
- Sensex holds on to gains, metals, realty scrips gain - Mar 13, 2012
- Sensex hovers near 16,600; metal, auto stocks rally - Jan 19, 2012
- Sensex trades flat after early gains (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012