Lack of clarity on software exports hurting industry: MurthyMay 21st, 2012 - 12:00 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore,May 20 (IANS) The Indian IT industry is in a quandary for want of clarity from the government on the definition of software exports, Infosys chairman emeritus N.R. Narayana Murthy said Sunday.
“It has been over a year since the industry had asked the government for its definition of software exports. For various reasons, the officials have not been able to provide it,” Murthy told reporters on the margins of a function here.
Murthy noted that the absence of clarity had been inconveniencing
the software and services industry, which had registered $70 billion exports in fiscal 2011-12.
“I hope that an extraordinary individual like (Finance Minister) Pranab Mukherjee will ensure that a quick clarification is provided on the definition of software exports,” Murthy said at a function where a book “Chaitra Yatre” authored by Karnataka’s Additional Chief Secretary K. Jairaj was released.
Expressing faith in Mukherjee and terming him an “excellent person”, Murthy hoped that the finance ministry would clarify its stand on the issue at the earliest.
- I am hopeful about Infosys Kolkata project: Narayan Murthy - Aug 03, 2012
- Bengal against SEZs, minister tells Infosys - Feb 20, 2012
- IT industry backs Murthy, Premji on policy paralysis - Jun 14, 2012
- Narayana Murthy among Fortune's 12 'greatest entrepreneurs' - Mar 28, 2012
- Renowned banker K.V. Kamath new Infosys chairman (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Bengal's draft electronic, hardware policy next week: Official - Mar 07, 2012
- Infosys' Murthy wants budget to turbo-charge economy - Feb 27, 2012
- Bengal's new IT policy emphasises animation, graphics and hardware - Aug 16, 2012
- Banker Kamath to succeed Narayana Murthy at Infosys (Roundup) - May 01, 2011
- Government should be proactive in reducing unemployment: Narayana Murthy - Aug 03, 2012
- Infosys' Murthy pitches for Indians to study in Japan - Feb 27, 2012
- Indian IT to be worth $300 bn in decade - Jul 18, 2011
- Infosys braces to face twin challenges of clients - Jun 09, 2012
- Mentor our IT groups, Bengal urges Narayana Murthy - Jul 05, 2011
- Bengal's new IT policy to boost animation, hardware jobs (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: absence, bangalore, chairman emeritus, chief secretary, clarification, clarity, faith, finance minister, finance ministry, jairaj, karnataka, margins, n r narayana murthy, narayana murthy, pranab mukherjee, quandary, software exports