Labourer’s body found near Chautala’s Delhi houseAugust 11th, 2012 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) The decomposed body of a 25-year-old missing labourer was recovered from a drain flowing a few metres away behind the house of Haryana’s former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala here Friday, police said.
The body of Meghru Thakur, resident of Bihar’s Sitamarhi, was recovered around 11 a.m. from the drain at Rajendra Prasad Road in New Delhi.
Thakur, a labourer, was living in a slum in Parliament Street area and was reportedly missing since Thursday.
“His body has been sent for post-mortem. During initial investigation, it came to light that he used to consume alcohol. He might have consumed alcohol more than his capacity and died after falling into the drain,” said a police officer.
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- No police complaint filed after Gurgaon boy's death - Jul 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Apex court rejects Chautala brothers' plea - Jul 04, 2011
- Bodies of three women recovered from fields - Nov 05, 2010
- Decomposed body of woman found - Dec 10, 2011
- Youth's decomposed body found in East Delhi - Oct 20, 2010
- Air ambulance crash: all 10 bodies recovered - May 26, 2011
- Couple's corpses found in canal (Lead) - Apr 23, 2011
- Minor girl's body found in Delhi park - Oct 13, 2011
- Apex court clears way for Chautala brothers' prosecution (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- INLD demands judicial probe into villager's murder - Jun 10, 2011
- Headless body found in trunk in Chennai - Mar 17, 2012