Labourer injured in fire in DelhiMarch 10th, 2012 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 10 (IANS) An 18-year-old labourer was injured while six others escaped unhurt after a fire engulfed a timber warehouse in Delhi, police said Saturday.
The fire broke out in the timber warehouse in West Delhi’s Kirti Nagar area around 2.00 a.m. Saturday.
Nine fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
“An electrical short-circuit is believed to have been the reason behind the fire. The flames were completely doused by 5 a.m.,” said a fire brigade official.
The labourer, identified as Meharban, sustained minor burn injuries while six others, who were sleeping on the first floor of the warehouse at the time of the incident, escaped unhurt.
According to a police official, Meharban sustained minor burn injuries in his feet and was discharged after preliminary treatment.
Property worth several lakhs of rupees was said to have been destroyed in the fire.
- Four killed in Delhi warehouse fire - Nov 13, 2011
- One killed in Noida factory blaze - Jul 16, 2011
- Fire in west Delhi timber warehouse - Nov 03, 2010
- Hundreds homeless as shacks gutted in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Two jump to death off burning building - Nov 12, 2011
- Six injured in fire - Aug 14, 2011
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Fire in finance ministry office in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- 45 killed in factory fires in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Thousands left homeless as jhuggis gutted in Delhi - Jun 01, 2012
- Car catches fire on Akbar Road - Nov 21, 2011
- Four injured fighting blaze in Delhi's Chandni Chowk (Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Fire kills five members of Pune family - May 06, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012