Labourer held for killing wifeJune 6th, 2012 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 6 (IANS) A 35-year-old labourer here has been arrested on charges of murdering his wife who had allegedly developed illicit relations, police said Wednesday.
Jaleshwar Majhi of Bihar was caught from west Delhi’s Dwarka area Tuesday for the May 30 killing.
Majhi, who absconded after the murder, was trapped when he came to his employer to collect his money, Additional Commissioner of Police Anil Kumar Ojha said.
Majhi married the victim in 1997 but ended the relationship five years ago. In 2010, he married her a second time, and they had a baby girl last year, Ojha said.
Majhi found out that his wife had developed physical relations with some boys in the neighbourhood. When she refused to mend her ways, he killed her and fled, said Ojha.
- Couple arrested for killing film producer in Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- Man held for wife's murder - May 19, 2011
- Man who raped arrested - Jan 23, 2012
- Spurned lover kills four, self (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Woman killed by father-in-law - Apr 30, 2012
- Maid torture: Doctor couple arrested in Delhi (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- Paralysed man kills wife and son - Feb 03, 2012
- Engineer becomes thief to recover business losses - May 11, 2012
- Man kills two minor daughters in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 03, 2012
- Man kills wife over infidelity - Nov 10, 2011
- Father, son arrested for four murders - Jan 17, 2012
- IAF employee killed in bid to help neighbour - Sep 09, 2012
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained - Feb 04, 2012
- Engineer held for killing colleague - Jul 11, 2012