‘Laadam’: mindless gangster flick (Tamil movie review)February 21st, 2009 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “Laadam”; Cast: Charmee, Aravindh, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Jaya Prakash; Music: Dharan; Cinematography: Sukumar; Direction: Prabhu Solomon; Rating: *
“Laadam” (horse-shoe) is a mindless gangster flick with an oft-repeated storyline and a cast dominated by artistes from Andhra Pradesh who worsen the proceedings with awful performances leaving one with the feeling of having watched a badly dubbed version of a B-Grade Telugu movie.
The bad blood between gangsters Paavadai (Kota) and Vembuli (Jaya Prakash) takes a turn for the worse when the latter bumps off the male offspring of the former.
A computer geek Kunjithapatham (Aravindh) is hired to kill Vembuli within 16 days.
Angel (Charmee) helps the hero complete his rather predictable task.
Direction, performances, music and the cinematography - the vital ingredients of a movie - are as useful to this one as a hole in a bucket.
Director Solomon possessing a track record of interesting fare like “Kokki and Lee” has obviously run out of ideas.
- Prabhu Solomon speaks about 'Maina' - Aug 29, 2009
- 'Kalyan Ram Kathi' is extremely violent (Telugu Film Review) - Nov 13, 2010
- Overdose of Balakrishna in 'Adhinayakudu', skip it (Telugu Movie Review) - Jun 03, 2012
- Novel theme makes '7aam Arivu' a good watch (Tamil Movie Review) - Oct 30, 2011
- It's the Big B through and through in 'Bbuddah...' (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jul 02, 2011
- 'Dev, Son of Mudde Gowda' fun-filled popcorn film (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Police Story-3' is a disappointment (Kannada Film Review) - Jul 09, 2011
- 'Mylari' is a mixed bag (Kannada Film Review, Rating:***) - Dec 25, 2010
- 'Tsunami' - watch it at your own risk (Kannada Movie Review) - Jan 22, 2012
- 'Mambattiyan' outdated, slow-paced (Tamil Movie Review) - Dec 18, 2011
- 'God Father' treat for Upendra fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 29, 2012
- Puneet reinvents himself in 'Prithwi' (Kannada Film Review) - Apr 24, 2010
- 'Dhoni' entertaining film with strong message (Tamil Movie Review) - Feb 12, 2012
- Luthria to jazz up 'Once Upon...2' with flamboyance, music - Feb 20, 2012
- 'Dookudu' an out and out Mahesh Babu film (Telugu Movie Review) - Sep 25, 2011