‘Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum’: Uncool show of tasteless humour, bad acting (IANS Hindi Film Review)July 28th, 2012 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
Film: “Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum”; Starring: Riteish Deshmukh, Tusshar Kapoor, Wonderdog Fakhru.Shatru.Sakruwhatever; Directed by: Sachin Yardi; Rating: Beyond Rating
Sach mein, boss. Kya super-kool film hai. There are these two jobless, aimless, witless guys one of whom can’t act to save his life, and the other one who can act but has to pretend he can’t to keep pace with the one who can. Now, get a load of this. Sid (Riteish Deshmukh) is a struggling musician. Adi (Tusshar Kapoor) is a struggling actor. And they’re part of a sex comedy struggling to be funny in every single line that these two chaddi buddies utter to one another and to the world at large.
So the real hero of this masterpiece of murky mirth is the dialogue writer. He uses every possible occasion in the dialogue draft to slip in sexual puns. Not a single human orifice is spared in the furious fusillade of double innuendos. In that sense, this a very democratic comedy. It insults every one and everything from dogs to humans, from gays to gurus…you name it.
And why shouln’t it? This is after all the official sequel to a 2005 comedy that defied every rule of good taste.
“Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum” multiplies the filth manifold. The packaging and presentation are this time updated. The glamour quotient is enhanced with the presence of two engaging eye-candies Neha Sharma and Sarah Jane Dias who join in the vulgarity with a gusto that suggests a deep bond between risque humour and sex appeal.
So is risque sexy? Is raunchy cool? You decide. As far as I am concerned I am still too numbed by the ceaseless torrent of verbal obscenity to figure out if a barrage of dirty puns and phallic objects being stuck into every conceivable hole, strung together in a succession of gags and episodes can be called a film.
Delhi Belly, here they come?
There are some good comic actors here, giving really bad performances. The gay jokes are stretched to limits beyond offensiveness that climaxes with the two ladies dressed as Chandramukhi and Paro singing “Dildo la dildo la”.
That pun on the original song Dil dola from Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Devdas” was smsed ad nauseam when the film was released in 2002.
Most of the pssst-pssst jokes in this farce fest come across laboured and tired. Deshmukh, a comic actor of impeccable aptitudes, does his best to breathe life into gags and situations that elevate puerility to an art form. He succeeds in making us titter when we aren’t busy squirming over the onslaught of obscenity.
The rest of the cast takes the cult of crassness to hammy heights. Anupam Kher, for example, plays a millionaire in Goa who believes his dead mom has been reincarnated as a canine. And when he catches his alleged ‘mom’ doing what doggies do when they are in a film of this sort, he assumes his mother is now getting on her four legs what his father never gave on two legs.
If you think the above situation is funny, then go ahead. Go for the film and laugh your head off at the frenzy of phallic jokes.
Oh yes , lest the other gender feels left out there’s a ‘joke’ about the other kind of genitilia too when Ritesh dumps a cat into Tusshar’s hands and says, “Take it. This is the only pussy you’re ever going to get.”
Pussy or not pussy, that is hardly the question. Humour them. Laugh.
- 'Kyaa Super Kool...' not for high-brows, says Ekta - Jul 10, 2012
- Riteish embarrassed of his act in 'Kya Super...' - Jul 02, 2012
- Adult comedy or musical drama - what's your pick this Friday? (IANS Preview) - Jul 24, 2012
- Children should stay away from 'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum' - Jun 27, 2012
- 'Kya Super Kool...' earns Rs.7.12 crore on opening day - Jul 28, 2012
- Ekta to visit Fatehpur Sikri, pray for 'Kya Super...' success - Jun 30, 2012
- Now Tusshar's turn to flaunt six-pack - Mar 26, 2012
- Spoof not aimed at Bhansali's 'Devdas': Tusshar Kapoor - Jul 23, 2012
- I'm sad if a good film flops: Tusshar Kapoor - Jul 21, 2012
- We suffer prejudices in Bollywood: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 03, 2012
- 'Dostana' act fetches 'Kyaa Super...' over Rs.20 crore - Jun 21, 2012
- Sarah hit by stone during film promotion - Jul 24, 2012
- Enough of sequels, comedies for Riteish! - Jun 27, 2012
- Riteish gets serious! - Jun 05, 2012
- Sex comedy in B-town: Audiences ready, censors alert - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: ceaseless torrent, chaddi, comic actors, delhi belly, dialogue writer, eye candies, fusillade, gay jokes, glamour quotient, innuendos, kyaa, riteish deshmukh, sarah jane dias, sex appeal, sex comedy, sexual puns, tasteless humour, tusshar kapoor, vulgarity, wonderdog