Kushwaha’s membership suspended: BJPJanuary 8th, 2012 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 8 (IANS) Facing all round criticism over inducting tainted former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Sunday said his membership has been suspended.A party spokesperson told reporters Sunday that Kushwaha himself sought his membership to be suspended till he is proven innocent in a rural health scam. His request was accepted by party president Nitin Gadkari.
“Kushwaha-ji wrote to the party president asking him to suspend his membership until he is proven innocent, the president has accepted it,” party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters here.
Kushwaha, an OBC leader and former minister from Uttar Pradesh was inducted in BJP Tuesday with an eye on the assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh. However, it kicked up a storm of protests with many in the party voicing unhappiness over his alleged involvement in the National Rural Health Mission fund scam in the state.
According to sources, several senior leaders including L.K. Advani and Sushma Swaraj were also against his induction in the party, which has been targetting the Congress over corruption and is trying to lead an anti-corruption campaign.
- Put my membership on hold: Kushwaha tells Gadkari - Jan 07, 2012
- Kushwaha urges Gadkari to put his BJP membership on hold (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Kushwaha issue divides BJP, Congress questions its credentials (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Political war erupts as CBI raids Kushwaha's premises (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2012
- Kushwaha now under ED scanner - Jan 08, 2012
- Congress slams BJP for admitting Kushwaha - Jan 04, 2012
- Kushwaha chapter closed, says BJP - Jan 10, 2012
- BJP faces criticism from own ranks, allies on Kushwaha issue - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Fourth Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Gadkari mum to query on Kushwaha's induction - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Congress slams BJP for admitting Kushwaha (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- BSP, BJP fooling people, says Congress - Jan 06, 2012
- BJP defensive over Kushwaha's inclusion, Congress strikes - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP: hypocrisy of the holier-than-thou (Comment) - Jan 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,