Kurukshetra girl’s rape, murder to be probed by CBIMay 25th, 2011 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 25 (IANS) The Haryana government Wednesday decided to hand over the investigation into the rape and murder of a Kurukshetra teenager earlier this month to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
A Haryana government spokesperson said a formal request was being sent to the central government to transfer the case of the Class 12 student’s rape and murder to the CBI.
The girl was kidnapped by some young men in a sports utility vehicle from Kurukshetra town, 110 km from here, May 4 while she was on her way to school.
Her body was recovered by Haryana Police from a village near Karnal town, 30 km from Kurukshetra, two days later.
Irate relatives and residents of Kurukshetra blocked the busy National Highway No.1 in protest against the police failure to arrest the culprits. No arrests have been made yet.
“The decision has been taken to ensure free and fair probe into the incident,” the spokesperson said.
- Three arrested for Haryana girl's rape, murder (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Haryana girl's rape, murder case solved - May 27, 2011
- Abducted girl found killed, angry kin block national highway - May 07, 2011
- Cricketer Harbhajan Singh robbed in Haryana - Dec 12, 2011
- Born on train, girl is named Mamata Banerjee - Jan 10, 2011
- Beaten on train, French national dies in Haryana - May 03, 2012
- Badal government's lone woman minister convicted, jailed (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Minister jailed for conspiracy in daughter's death (Second Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Day-to-day hearing of Dera chief's rape case - Sep 28, 2011
- Son demands CBI probe in death of Haryana murder witness - Jun 16, 2011
- Banda rape: CBI books BSP legislator - Sep 22, 2011
- Court asks CBI to probe murder case against Haryana lawmakers - Aug 30, 2012
- Cops rescue abducted NRI in Kurukshetra - Apr 11, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Kidnapped from Ludhiana, 6-year-old recovered in Ambala - Jul 09, 2012
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, central government, chandigarh, culprits, failure, formal request, government spokesperson, haryana government, highway no 1, kurukshetra, protest, rape murder, relatives, sports utility vehicle, teenager, young men